Monday, August 22, 2011

A Rough Weekend and Back to School

The best laid plans and all that... I decided to take an extra day off last week to give myself time to finish up Alivia's bed, but things didn't quite work out that way. Instead I spent a full two days of my 4-day weekend getting the car fixed, one day in bed with a migraine, and the final day making it all up to Alivia who managed to stay out of trouble for the most part.

On the positive side, the car repairs only cost me $140. MANY, MANY thanks to Dirk in the service department at Key Hyundai for his assistance with that! I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate your kind (and free!!) help. Thanks also to the very kind associate at AutoZone for the free jump and suggestions as to the likely problem and probable solution. And major kudos to the AAA tech for stopping to help me even though I'm not a current member--and not charging for the service. You guys were all Godsends when I needed them most!

Today marked Alivia's return to school--and this year it really starts to count. She started kindergarten! I think she was more excited about riding the bus than anything else, but I'm thrilled to see how much she enjoys going to school. Her class is extremely small for the moment--only four kids--and she is the only girl. They will likely gain more students as the year progresses, but I think the cap is eleven. She'll probably remain the only girl. Her teacher was excited to finally have a girl in the class. I guess autism effects boys much more often than girls. Anyway, I appreciate the extremely low student to teacher ration as it gives Alivia a chance to adjust to the new environment with fewer distractions and allows her teacher to get to know her much more quickly than might otherwise happen.

Now, if I could only finish her bed...

~ Jeana

No comments:

Post a Comment